Trainee lab Technician
We are currently seeking a trainee laboratory technician based at our Tandragee quarry site.
Reporting directly to the senior technician you will be responsible for:
- Sampling and testing of asphalt and aggregate materials daily in line with the testing programme.
- Continual and constant monitoring of produced materials.
- Analysing test data and reporting.
- Relate test data to the production facilities.
- Maintain laboratory equipment to the required standards.
- Help drive product development and R & D.
Skills & experience
- Minimum 5 GCSE above grade C to include a good level of mathematics and preferably science-based subjects.
- Experience of similar work will be beneficial but full training will be available to the right candidate.
We are looking for a candidate who is keen to develop a career within the construction industry, to develop specialialised skills within the industry and to become a member of the Collen Brothers team.
The right candidate will also:
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible to meet the production requirements including overtime and weekend work when required.
- Be hard working and willing to develop new skills.
- Have a passion to learn and progress.
- Be a practical and sensible individual, suitable for working in a quarry environment.
- Negotiable depending on experience.