Trainee Customs Administrator
Loughgall, County Armagh
Salary Negotiable (depending on experience)
Full-Time & Perm
Employer & Job Role
Due continued growth, Derry Bros Shipping are now recruiting for Trainee Customs Administrators based at their site in Loughgall, County Armagh.
This role would suit a candidate with drive an ambition to progress further.
- Answer any incoming phone queries relating to our custom clearance service.
Input customs declarations for both Import and Export shipments using EDI systems.
- Provide support to Customs and Compliance Manager on all matters relating to customs procedures.
- Ensure that entries are transmitted to HMRC on time and in accordance with the deadlines set by the customer services and operations teams
- Ensure that all the company’s processes are 100% compliant with HMRC regulations
- Help collate information for any audits, as required by HMRC
- Participate and contribute to specific projects, where required. E.g. Authorised Economic Operator
- Keep yourself updated and informed of any HMRC legislation changes
- Assist in the management of In and Out of bond entries and stock using the Warehouse Management System to ensure that all HMRC regulations are met.
Training will be provided.
- 2 years excellent telephone experience
- 2 years previous sales experience
- GCSE Maths & English essential
- Excellent IT Skills
- Knowledge of Transport industry is advantageous
- Able to work on own initiative
(Our client reserves the right to expand on the above criteria to facilitate shortlisting)
House of work
We are offering 3 sperate shifts:
- Weekends ONLY
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community