Trainee Customs Administrator (Nights)
Loughgall, County Armagh
Salary Negotiable (depending on experience)
Full-Time & Perm
40 hrs per week.
Employer & Job Role
Due continued growth, Derry Bros Shipping are now recruiting for Trainee Customs Administrators based at their site in Loughgall, County Armagh.
This role would suit a candidate with drive an ambition to progress further.
- Answer any incoming phone queries relating to our custom clearance service.
Input customs declarations for both Import and Export shipments using EDI systems.
- Provide support to Customs and Compliance Manager on all matters relating to customs procedures.
- Ensure that entries are transmitted to HMRC on time and in accordance with the deadlines set by the customer services and operations teams
- Ensure that all the company’s processes are 100% compliant with HMRC regulations
- Help collate information for any audits, as required by HMRC
- Participate and contribute to specific projects, where required. E.g. Authorised Economic Operator
- Keep yourself updated and informed of any HMRC legislation changes
- Assist in the management of In and Out of bond entries and stock using the Warehouse Management System to ensure that all HMRC regulations are met.
Training will be provided.
- 2 years excellent telephone experience
- 2 years previous sales experience
- GCSE Maths & English essential
- Excellent IT Skills
- Knowledge of Transport industry is advantageous
- Able to work on own initiative
(Our client reserves the right to expand on the above criteria to facilitate shortlisting)
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community