Structural Engineer (Facades)
Full-Time & Perm
One of Northern Irelands leading specialist architectural glazing contractors requires a Structural Engineer to join their established team on a permanent basis. They have been established for 24 years and continues to expand throughout the UK & Ireland on a variety of contracts including retail, commercial, educational and healthcare.
To produce structural calculations for building facades and provide structural advice to Facade Designers as required to assist with the completion of projects. The person will, play an important part in the overall design solution of the Company's tendered and secured workload, by calculating creative structural solutions which meet the Architects aesthetics and are structurally sound The post will be based at our head office in Lisburn.
- Produce structural calculations for curtain walling systems, rainscreen systems, structural glass and other building facades in accordance with British and Euro Codes.
- Produce wind load assessments in accordance with British and Euro Codes.
- Producing fixing bracket and anchor calculations.
- Produce glass design calculations.
- Review with Facade Designers the structural aspects of every project and ensure that all projects comply with British and Industry standards, project specifications and good engineering practice.
- Review structural design issues with the Facade Designers.
- Assist the Estimating department by providing initial calculations at tender stage.
- Attend technical meetings with the project design team if required.
- Provide engineering assistance to the development of new window and facade systems.
- 1Produce design calculations for secondary structure.
- 1Other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the jobholder's level assigned by the Design Office Manager, Construction Director or other Senior Management.
- Occasional travel within the United Kingdom may be required
- Experienced in the use of 3D modelling tools including Rhino and Grasshopper ;
- Working knowledge of relevant design software, including for structural analysis, building physics assessments and glass selection tools;
- BEng Hons in Structural or Civil Engineering at classification 2.1 or above (or equivalent);
- At least 5 years’ experience within a similar industry;
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD and MS Office over a period of 3 years;
- High attention to detail and the ability to contribute effectively to a team environment;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (English Proficiency exam may be required in accordance with the Home Office Guidelines);
- Demonstrated ability to follow tasks through to completion;
(Our client reserves the right to expand on the above criteria to facilitate shortlisting)
Salary & hours of work
- 37.5 hours per week
- 30 days holidays per annum
- Free car parking
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community