Full-Time & Perm
Salary £50k + package (medical, pension, phone+laptop)
- Must be a self-starter, able to work through issues from start to finish with little assistance, reporting on root cause providing recommendations for resolution.
- Provide second and third level support for all storage environments.
- Leverage problem solving skills to logically troubleshoot multi-faceted issues.
- Implement daily production changes related to storage systems and coordinating these changes with appropriate parties for verification of functionality.
- Investigate and diagnose production issues or outages and respond in a timely fashion.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, and adhere to company standards and procedures.
- On-call via rotation is required as a part of this role. Engineer would be expected to be available when necessary to take escalations from systems engineers and clients. Some scheduled work does occur on Saturdays.
- Expected to work as part of a team, not on an island, and be openly collaborative when working through issues with other team members so they can address issues during future occurrences.
- 3-5 Years Storage Engineering experience, including but not limited to:
- Advanced knowledge of NFS/CIFS technologies, Fiber/iSCSI best practices, and troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the management, as well as the configuration of, multiple of the following SANs: EMC VNX (unified and block), VNXe, VMAX, Centera, XtremIO, Isilon, Unity, Pure, HP MSA and NetApp.
- Experienced in supporting storage replication and snapshot technologies such as SRDF, RecoverPoint, SnapMirror.
- Knowledge of common operating systems (RHEL, Server 2008/2012, ESXi 5.5/6.0)
- Experience working with High-Availability configurations for Cisco MDS & Brocade Fiber Switches
(The above criteria may be extended to facilitate shortlisting.)
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community