Quality Control Operative
Omagh, County Tyrone
Full-Time & Perm
Company Bio & Role
The Foyle Food Group is looking to employ an additional Quality Control Operative within our state of the art Retail Packing Facility at the Foyle Ingredients site based in Omagh, Co. Tyrone. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established food processing Company in the UK and Ireland.
The Quality Control Operative will report directly to the Technical Manager and are responsible for ensuring all developed product meets Customer and Company standards for conformance and food safety standards.
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
- Monitoring product from intake to finished product and reporting any food safety or quality issues e.g. temperature control, fat analysis, weight checks and label verification.
- Record and take corrective actions re: non-conformance reporting to suppliers
- Complete sensory analysis of products in the test kitchen.
- Participate in NPD trials and New product launches.
- GCSE Maths & English at Grade C and above or equivalent
- Working knowledge of what is involved in Quality Control Checks
- Strong command of the English Language both verbal and written
- IT Literate
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with an eye for detail
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment, with a can-do attitude and commitment to safety
- Flexibility towards working hours
(The Company reserves the right to extend the selection criteria to facilitate shortlisting.)
Hours of operation for the role are currently Monday to Saturday (working 5 days from 6) totalling 40 hours per week between 0600 > 1730 during standard operations, when Evening Shift is in place (commencing end of March, Mon-Fri) hours of work between 1600 > 0200, with opportunities to undertake additional hours. We pay all QC operatives £9.22 per hour (NLW currently £8.72 + £0.50 premium bonus), and an additional premium for hours worked on Evening Shift.
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community