Full-Time & Perm
Company Bio & Role
Foyle Proteins require a General Operator to be based at our rendering plant in Campsie, Londonderry. This is an exciting opportunity to join a modern rendering plant in N. Ireland. We are currently looking for a shift operator, the ideal candidate will have a mechanical / engineering background with working knowledge of pumps, motors and filters. Being a rendering plant, the working environment is very warm, and you will be exposed to raw materials such as animal intestines, bones and blood.
The successful candidate will be part of a shift team working a 3 x 8 hour, 24 hr shift pattern from Mon > Sat.
- Ability to work on own initiative in a safe manner
- Effective team operator
- Medically fit and in good health
- Availability to work flexible shift patterns
- Have a mechanical / engineering knowledge / background
- Previous experience of working shifts
- Previous rendering plant experience
- Fork truck licence
Salary scale: Based on previous experience increasing to £10.53 after completing a 3-year training programme.
The Company reserves the right to expand the shortlisting criteria to facilitate shortlisting.
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community