Full-Time & Perm
Company & Job Role
The Foyle Food Group requires a Production Manager to be based at their Foyle Omagh site, located on the outskirts of Omagh town in Co Tyrone. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of most progressive beef processing groups in the UK and Ireland.
The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for managing the daily production operations within the site and oversee a production team of over 200 staff. With proven leadership skills you will be accountable for motivating staff to operate effectively and efficiently, with an emphasis on maximising efficiencies and lean management systems.
- Take responsibility for the Management of all aspects of production
- Assist in the development of production facilities and identifying areas for improvement to enhance efficiency.
- Manage site production to ensure production targets and objectives are achieved on a daily basis.
- Manage all the key elements of the Production Management Team, including identifying staffing requirements, training & development needs, grievance & disciplinary and coaching & guidance when required.
- Ensure communication of relevant information to the Production Team, encouraging a culture of teamwork & efficiency.
- Delivery of a health & safety and hygiene conscious environment.
- Have over 3 year’s relevant management experience within a production environment in the meat industry.
- Working knowledge of food legislation, Health and safety / personnel legislation
- IT literate
- Demonstrate excellent communication, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Be self-motivated, confident and show enthusiasm and initiative.
- Be able to work under pressure within time constraints.
- Have the ability to make effective decisions.
- 3rd level qualification or equivalent
(The above criteria may be adjusted in order to facilitate shortlisting)
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community