Full-Time & Perm
Hourly Rate: Negotiable depending on experience
Collen Bros (Quarries) Ltd is a family owned and operated civil engineering company located in Portadown, County Armagh, Northern Ireland. We supply to and carry out work for both the private, commercial and public sectors.
Collen Bros (Quarries) Ltd currently have a vacancy for a Diesel Fitter/Mechanic.
Suitable candidates will have mechanical experience with HGV lorries or heavy plant, preferably with a Level 3 qualification in HGV or plant repairs.
The candidate will be primarily based at the Portadown workshop but also carry out work at the company’s quarry and contracting sites. You will carry out a wide range of servicing and repairs in line with the company’s fleet and plant maintenance schedules.
- Preparation of vehicles for PSV and MOT requirements
- Carry out on site repairs at various contracting sites and company’s quarrying site
- Diagnose and repair faults efficiently
- Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative or part of a team
- Complete relevant job cards electronically
- Work in accordance with company’s Health & Safety systems
- Maintain a clean and tidy workstation
- Level 3 qualification in HGV or plant repairs
- Proven experience with Heavy Goods Vehicle or Heavy Plant and Machinery
- Good practical and problem-solving skills
- Must have a driving licence
- Flexible attitude to overtime when required
- HGV licence desirable
(Our client reserves the right to expand on the above criteria to facilitate shortlisting)
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community