Full-Time & Perm
Salary £40,000-£50,000 + Package
- Must be a self-starter, able to work through issues from start to finish with little assistance, reporting on root cause providing recommendations for resolution.
- Should have previous hands on Linux server experience and must be comfortable with taking escalations on advanced server issues from the rest of the support organization.
- On-call is required as a part of this role. Engineer would be expected to be available when necessary to take escalations from systems engineers and team leads.
- Must be flexible to work long days or weekends when necessary for client implementations, systems upgrades, or other projects.
- Expected to work as part of a team, not on an island, and be openly collaborative when working through issues with other team members so they can address issues during future occurrences.
- 3-5 Years Linux server administration experience including but not limited to:
- Strong understanding of Linux patch/package management.
- Strong understanding of File System Technologies including (NFS, GlusterFS, AutoFS, Samba, CIFS)
- Strong understanding of OS performance tuning.
- Strong understanding of rsync.
- Strong understanding of using OS tools to diagnose hardware issues
- Shell scripting
- 2-4 Years Storage/Network experience from Linux/UNIX perspective
- Ability to troubleshoot SAN issues
- Ability to troubleshoot iSCSI.
- Ability to troubleshoot networking issues
(The above criteria may be extended to facilitate shortlisting.)
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community