General Operatives - Refuse Collection
Full-Time & Temp
Company Bio & Role
The post holder will form part of the Refuse Collection and Street Sweeping Team and will be expected to help in providing an efficient and environmentally considerate bin collection and street sweeping service.
The post of General Operative (Refuse Collection/Street Cleansing) will require a high level of customer service, and ability to deal with and resolve issues using personal and professional judgment, building relationships with the public and officers at all levels
and promoting the profile of the Council.
- 1 years’ experience in operating electrical/mechanical equipment in a work environment i.e. power tools;
- 1 years’ experience dealing with members of the public in a customer-facing environment.
- Hold a full current driving license (valid in the UK)
(The Company reserves the right to extend the selection criteria to facilitate shortlisting.)
Hours & Salary
- 37 hours per week 8.00 am to 4.00pm Monday to Thursday & Friday 8.00 am to 1.00pm, may be split over 6 days and include different weekly start and finish times
- £18,562 - £19,312 per annum
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community