Full-Time & Perm
WALSIN Ltd a leading specialist façade contractor requires a Trainee Architectural Facade Technician to join their Design and Planning Team on a permanent basis. They have been established for 24 years and continues to expand throughout the UK and N.I. on a variety of contracts including retail, commercial, educational and healthcare projects.
The role will initially be based at the company’s current facility in Lisburn but in Spring 2019 as part of the company’s Strategic Growth Plan will migrate to a new “State of the Art “40,000 sq. ft factory in Lisburn
Day to day duties to include production of: -
- Bills of Materials
- Factory cutting and assembly information
- Site installation packs
- Glass orders
- Flashing and bracket schedules
All above from detailed drawings produced by Design Function
- The successful applicant will desirably be proficient in AutoCAD 2D design and ideally have a relevant 3rd level qualification in a construction or Design related discipline.
- Preferably the candidate will have experience or knowledge of curtain walling, windows and doors, shop fronts, glazing systems, frameless bolt glass and roof glazing.
- A Knowledge of Schuco, Aluprof, Metal Technology Aluminium glazing systems and Schucal and Logical software would be advantageous.
- The company has a fully integrated Training Programme in place to ensure employees within the company develop the required skillset for the role and maximise their potential.
(Our client reserves the right to expand on the above criteria to facilitate shortlisting)
Salary & Hours of work
- Weekly Hours 37.5
- Monday – Thursday 08.30 to17.00 (1/2-hour lunch break)
- Friday – 08.00 to 13.30
- Holidays – 30 days holiday as standard
- Company Personalised Pension Scheme
- Continual Training and Development Programme
- Structured Career Path
- Travel Opportunities
- Free Car Parking
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community