Loughgall, Co Armagh
Full-Time & Perm
Salary dependent on experience
Pre Brexit will involve:-
- Liaising with clients to arrange approvals and accreditations.
- Completing Customs applications forms, on line and off line.
- Drawing up procedures to support applications, including Inward Processing Relief and Onward Processing Relief.
Post Brexit, the role will shift to handling live transactions and include:-
- You will be involved in calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid.
- Liaising with Customers.
- You will be entering details onto specialised customs software including CHIEF, CNS, Destin8 and CFSP.
- Allocating the correct licence depending on type of goods being imported or exported.
- You will be required to be fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations. You will be expected to maintain your understanding and keep up-to-date with changes as they occur, so as to be able to advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems and all other customs related matters.
- A Customs Practitioner will be required to prepare the necessary import (and export) documentation such as certificates of origin and cargo control documents.
- A Logistic related degree or equivalent
- The role of Customs Practitioner demands a thorough understanding of the law, legal codes, precedents, government regulations, political processes and Customs rules.
- Strong communication skills are vital in this role both written and verbally, as you will be required to compile documentation and you must be able to interpret the law on behalf of customers in a clear and simple manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in the role of Customs Practitioner as you will be dealing with various agencies in the course of your daily work.
- Complex problem solving and the ability to engage critical thinking skills will be required as well as the ability to actively listen and interpret concisely.
- Although you will work as part of a team, a Customs Practitioner needs to be self-motivating and be able to organise their work effectively and maintain records.
- You must be able to operate computer programs such as Windows and any other software that is standard within the industry. MS Word and Excel are a must and a good understanding of these products is desirable.
(Our client reserves the right to expand on the above criteria to facilitate shortlisting)
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community